Dienstag, 3. Juni 2014

Itchy and painful

Working outside in a forrest, by a pond in the wee hours and in the evenings means there are lots of insects and ticks around.
And every night there are more bites and every day I find ticks somewhere on me. I don't know if it was that or something else that caused the outbreak of this horrendous skin irritation all over my decolté and my face that kept me awake all night. Everything is so sensitive that just a single one of my own hairs touching my skin makes me jump. This is not good when you need to do observations in the cool nighttime and you can't wear any clothes that touch your neckline. I can hardly open my left eye, which obviously is not good either when you need to do observations.
Today in my Lunchbreak I went to see a doctor. Previous encounter with the doctor in my village let me choose a practioner in the neighbouring village, 16km from here. He is nice. He does not know the cause of my pain - it doesn't matter as long as he knows how to stop it! - He prescribes 4 different things - something for everything. Nope, I still have no French social insurance - it needs a lot of paperwork and we are still working on that.  I drive another 17km to the nearest town that has got a pharmacy. I wait almost an hour for the pharmacy to reopen after the holy French lunchbreak. I collect my things and buy an insect repellent. In the car I apply hydrocortison cream - almost immediate relief. 33km drive back. End of lunchbreak.

Keine Kommentare: