Dienstag, 20. Mai 2014

The moment...

You know, the daily moment, when I just want to drop everything and leave...

Last night, when I came home from the office at 2 am and just wanted to sleep, there was that smell again that I had so far associated with the wet chimney (my landlord promised me 5 weeks ago that he would close the old fireplace with a piece of wood - because whenever it rains it rains through the chimney which results in a puddle on the floor of the fireplace - not that boarding up the fire place would stop the rain coming through the chimney, but you would not see it anymore...). This time the smell was really strong - maybe because the weather changed. So I followed my nose and I found it behind the bed. The mold on the wall,  just right next to my head (I also found a hundred more ants when I moved the bed - Yup - I am still not alone in my flat).
Since I moved into the flat I have had the suspicion that my landlord's words "tout neuf" meant something  like "I covered everything that you would not want to know about with tiles and wallpaper and paint" and that my lasting cough that pretty quickly dissapeared when I stayed elswhere last week might be related to that. 
So I have finished work a bit early tonight - only worked until 9:30pm :-)
Now I have some time to search for pre-formulated letters online and look at some vocabulary and legal stuff to cancel my lease -  I wonder if I can get out of the lease early given the conditions in the appartment - so a lot of research in a language that I will probably never master ahead of me tonight. It will be difficult to find a new flat, because of the amount of paperwork and that you need a guarant that I cannot provide because I don't know anyone in France. Given that I have not been home befor midnight the last 5 days and my supervisor only yesterday suggested that I should start a few hours earlier than 7.30 in the morning, I will at least not have to worry about where to sleep should I find myself homeless.



Keine Kommentare: