Mittwoch, 7. Mai 2014

The invasion

Coming back from Perusson, I open my front door and I find that I am not alone.There is a massive invasion. Thousands of ants  all over the kitchen floor! I follow their street along the new rug, into the bedroom, they reach my bed, they are on my mattress – just everywhere. I had already killed a lot of them with a sponge and washing up liquid and was still crawling over the floor when my landlord arrived at my front door with an electrician – because after 4 weeks I will finally get an independent access to power and will not depend anymore on some dodgy link to my landlord’s power source. Hopefully from now on when I switch the heating on while the washing machine is running at the same time I won’t find myself in the dark anymore for the rest of the night. My Landlord's face drops "I thought we had killed them all” – so I learn that this is not a new problem. He tells me that I need to get a little round box with ant poisoning. I sigh and hope I can order that stuff online and do not have to get to the next shop about 50km from here. 

Keine Kommentare: